The More The Mary-er!

I am picking up my world and moving it from Washington, DC to Davis, CA. My blog life begins here.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

California!

Hi all.

This will be short. I just wanted to let those of you checking in that Ozzie and I have arrived safely in Davis. We spent today unpacking and getting settled. The weather is beautiful and Davis is cute as a Georgia peach.

Wildlife Update: Ozzie and I saw the following animals along the way: cows, sheep, cats, dogs, 1 porcupine (crossing the road in CO), several prairie dogs sipping water from rumble strips along the highway, and to our much amazement, a wolf carrying some sort of prey in its mouth as it darted right in front of our truck on a highway (I-80) in the Sierra Nevadas--the mountain range between NV and CA. Ozzie and I were shocked. Fortunately, we didn't knock the prey out of its mouth with the front of the truck...that would have been unfortunate, and, dare I say, ironic? Maybe like rain on your wedding day, but hopefully not.

Anyhoobs, I promise to write more about my trip soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Look, your first blog spam! You should delete the link in that post so that they don't get any benefit from it.

    Anyway, weclome to Davis! Hope things are going great!

    We miss you. Can't wait to read all your syllabi!

    Hugs

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Yay Aaron! I'm sure the wolf meant something lucky ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home